URL Shortener for Text Messages
Substantially shorten the length of a hyperlink with a URL shortener tool.
How to Use the Free URL Shortener
URL shortening, the unsung hero of social media and SMS marketing, can be used to substantially shorten the length of a URL (uniform resource locator).
Do you want to make a URL shorter? Well, don’t worry because we’ve got you covered! Here’s how you can use our link shortener:
- Step #1: Copy and paste the URL you wish to shorten in to the empty box.
- Step #2: Click on the “Create Short URL” button.
- Step #3: Copy the tiny link created by the URL converter by clicking on “Copy Results” and then simply use it on social media or in your text messages as you need.
Why you should use a custom URL shortener
There are several reasons why you should use the URL converter to shorten long URL links, including:
- Our URL Shortener is free and easy-to-use tool.
- Shrink your URLs so that they fit in a text message or Tweet.
- Unlike long URLs, shortened links can give you important insights on customer behaviour; for instance, with the help of short URLs you can easily track the number of clicks, as well as real-time engagement.
- URL shortening can also be used to “beautify” a link or to disguise an underlying address.
Why we created this tool
Have you ever tried to send a very long link through email? If so, then you probably already know that it can become segmented in the middle and the recipient has to put it back together to use it – not always successfully! In addition to this, long URLs are impossible to send via text message.
Because countless people wanted to know how to make a URL shorter, online platforms like Google created their very own URL shorteners. We have put at your disposal the Google URL shortener to help you instantly generate short URLs for social media and SMS messages.
Benefits of using the URL shortener
Below is a list of benefits associated with URL shortening:
- URL shorteners make links more manageable. What is easier to share? This - https://my.textmagic.com/free-tools/url-shortener or this - https://goo.gl/MNthpS?
- URL shorteners improve the customer experience.
- Short links encourage sharing.
- Short links give back valuable character space to text messages. A shortened URL can be limited to 12 characters.
- Short links can be used to track and compile click data.
- Short URLs can increase brand awareness and attract visitors to your site.
Why are short URLs important?
Initially, URL shortening was invented to avoid exceeding the 140 character limit of Twitter, and the 160 character limit of text messages. As technology advanced, short URLs also developed tracking and measuring capabilities. Finally, it is important to shrink links to see how an article or landing page is performing based on how many clicks it receives.
What are Vanity and Branded URLs?
Vanity or branded short links are similar to regular short links. The only difference between the two is the fact that branded/vanity URLs will display the company’s vanity (e.g. for Time Inc. the vanity URL will be ti.me).
How can I track the use of a tiny URL?
Because we use the Google URL shortener, data tracking is simple. First, you need to shrink your link. To access more detailed information about your short link (including country, browser, platform, etc.) simply add “.info” at the end of the short URL.