The rapidly changing mobile marketing landscape can make your head spin if you are looking for the best ways to promote your business online.
Here are some useful insights and quotes about mobile marketing from industry leaders that will inspire you to find your company’s next decisive step.
1. “Mobile is becoming not only the new digital hub but also the bridge to the physical world. That’s why mobile will affect more than just your digital operations – it will transform your entire business.”
Thomas Husson, Vice President at Forrester Research
2. “Instead of starting with the channel, start with what it is that you want to communicate.”
Jessy Hanley, Intuit
3. “I think the biggest change and the one that we’ve already started to see take shape is that globally the majority of Internet usage will be done via a mobile device and for most people the mobile web will be their primary – if not their only – way of experiencing the Internet.”
Peter Rojas, former Vice President of Strategy at AOL
4. “People shop and learn in a whole new way compared to just a few years ago, so marketers need to adapt or risk extinction.”
Brian Halligan, Co-founder & CEO of Hubspot
5. “Those marketers who create a full mobile experience for their consumers – with apps, optimized mobile sites, mobile loyalty programs, employing targeting like location, allowing sales on mobile devices, etc., are really experiencing the power of mobile along the purchase funnel.”
Sheryl Dajia, Chief Strategy Officer at MMA
6. “Mobile will ultimately be the way you provision most of your services. The way I like to put it is, the answer should always be mobile first. You should always put your best team and your best app on your mobile app.”
Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman of Alphabet Inc.
7. “Mobile is not the future, it is the now. Meet your customers in the environment of their choice, not where it is convenient for you.”
Cyndie Shaffstall, Founder of Spider Trainers
8. “Today’s guests aren’t searching on desktops for where to go for dinner — they are walking down the street. They crave a burger, pull out their phone and search for a nearby burger joint. If you’re not maintaining your local properties, you’re not going to show up in those search results.”
Jill McFarland, Mobile, Digital & Social Media at Stellar Digital Marketing
9. “In today’s modern world, people are either asleep or connected.”
Janice H. Reinold, Rosetta Marketing
10. “Most analogue marketing hits the wrong people, or the right people at the wrong time. Digital is more efficient and more impactful because it can hit only the right people, and only at the right time.”
Simon Silvester, Executive Vice President Head of Planning at Y&R EMEA
11. “Connectivity doesn’t just mean you get a lot more chances to deliver messages about customer service and pricing plans. This isn’t one-sided. It enables people to talk back.”
James Murdoch, Chief Executive Officer of 21st Century Fox
12. “The future is mobile computing – smartphones and tablets are just elements of it. The industry is on the verge of a whole new paradigm.”
Thorsten Heins, former Chief Executive Officer of Blackberry
13. “Mobile is the enabling centrepiece of digital convergence. Mobile is the glue for all other digital industries to use when approaching convergence, but mobile is also the digital gateway for the real world to join in this global metamorphosis of human behavior.
Tomi T Ahonen, TomiAhonen Consulting
14. “Mobile is our communications hub, our source of media consumption, car keys, our credit card, our calendar. The future of SMS relies on customer communication. Having the highest reach, SMS will be the most powerful tool for businesses to engage with customers.”
Triin Linamagi, former Marketing Executive at TextMagic
15. “The future of mobile means a more intricately connected ecosystem of applications. The “walled gardens” will be torn down and roads and bridges between apps will be constructed.
The relationships between the apps that a user has installed on their phone will become exponentially more important, to both the consumer and the businesses themselves.”
Nate Smith, Co-founder of URX
16. “In my opinion, the future of mobile is the future of everything.”
Matt Galligan, Co-founder of Circa
17. “If you’re not using mobile marketing to attract new customers to your business, don’t worry- your competitors are already using it and are getting those customers instead.”
Jamie Turner, 60SecondMarketer.com
18. “Our lives will be facilitated by a myriad of adaptive applications running on different devices, with different sensors, all of them collecting tidbits about everything we do, and feeding big digital brains that can adapt applications to our needs simply because they get to know us.”
Márcio Cyrillo, Executive Director at CI&T
19. “Your mobile device quickly has become the easiest portal into your digital self.”
Phil Nickinson, Editor of AndroidCentral.com
20. “Mobile is a dominant force with its global growth and pervasiveness. Marketers can no longer blanket their customers with information or communication.
Brands must understand how to strategically connect with customers on a personal basis and encourage engagement, based on customer behavior, to transform them into long-lasting users.
Mobile marketing automation will allow companies to collect and use data in a more actionable way and deliver personalized and timely messages to their customers.”
Mark Ghermezian, Co-founder of Appboy
21. “Tech will transform from something we actively use to a more seamless integrated experience that is ‘on’ all the time.”
Daniel Bæk, Co-founder of Nodes
Mobile phones have become an undeniable part of our identity and these quotes reinforce the need for businesses to invest where their customers are. Keep in mind that your mobile marketing strategy should include text messaging mobile ads, push notifications, and other SMS marketing campaigns that can help reach your target audience.
Make good use of these famous words of wisdom from mobile marketing insiders and see your business thrive!