Be aware: In North America, sending such texts is strictly forbidden, and this type of campaign is prohibited to safeguard consumers against unsolicited communications.
Cash flow management is a great challenge for businesses. Failure to meet financial goals can result in delayed settlement of salaries and overheads. But how can you persuade clients to pay on time? Sometimes you can’t, and when this happens, you should consider SMS for debt collection.
Payment reminders, default judgments, late payment notices, and other traditional debt collection strategies generally result in huge expenses and unreturned phone calls. What if we told you that there is a smarter way to collect debts? And it is virtually free!
Overdue payment reminder SMS are super cheap, but can save your company thousands of dollars. Many debt collection companies automate outstanding payment reminder SMS to reduce expenses and maintain good relations with their customers.
This article shares ten debt collection message examples and tips to help you get your money back.
How can debt collection agents use SMS services?
With text messaging platforms, you can automatically send payment reminders to late payers, personalize messages with account details, and follow up on payment confirmations.
Here are the best applications of SMS services for debt collection that also respect the Debt Collection Practices Act:
- Automate text payment notifications. Send text messages to debtors instantly with our SMS software. Payment reminders can help you reduce collection costs and encourage customers to pay their debts.
- Inform clients of debt collection laws. If clients are unwilling to pay their debts, you can persuade them to do so by sending texts with debt collection laws information. Remember: Your goal isn’t to harass them but to help them understand the legal repercussions of overdue payments.
- Follow up on payment confirmations. Don’t forget to thank your customers and continue offering customer service after they complete a payment. This will improve your relationship and increase their loyalty.
- Schedule payment reminders. Believe it or not, some people simply forget to pay their debts. You can prevent this by sending scheduled SMS reminders ahead of time. Schedule weekly or daily reminders using our software.
- Send SMS messages with account details. Clarity is key. Send personalized SMS messages to clients with information about their account, and provide all the tools they may require. Full transparency and constant updates will make it easier to collect the entire debt.
- Generate auto-responders for common inquiries. You can send automated texts, such as payment plans, debt amounts, interest rates, etc via text. Simply assign keywords to common questions and the software will send automatic replies for you.
- Monitor communication efficiency. Bulk text messaging services provide intuitive dashboards with metrics such as delivery time, delivery status, response rate, costs, etc. Use this information to determine the effectiveness of your strategy.
Useful SMS templates for debt collection
Feel free to use our debt collection text message samples either by copying them or by sending them directly from the Textmagic dashboard:
1. Soft automated reminder
2. Strong automated reminder
3. Final overdue payment reminder
4. Informing debtor of legal action
5. Payment thank you message
6. Debt collection law
7. Callback message template
8. Offering payment options
9. Invoice notification SMS sample
10. SMS template for automatic payments
Try out our SMS templates today!
Key benefits of overdue payment reminder SMS for debt collection
Persuading customers to pay using the above debt collection SMS examples will help you in a number of ways. Below are the main benefits of two-way text messaging for debt collection.
- Lift response rates. Reaching out to customers in a way that doesn’t make them uncomfortable is crucial. Many clients refuse to answer calls or emails but will respond to texts.
- Free up vital funds. Traditional debt collection methods will eat away at your business’s budget. Automated text solutions are cost-effective and easy to automate.
- Reach all clients instantly. You can reach all your clients immediately by sending bulk SMS debt collection messages. You can also enable delivery receipts to identify deregistered numbers or failed deliveries.
- Improve customer relationships. Debt collection is stressful for all parties involved. Who knows what unfortunate circumstances may have led to a missed payment? Polite debt collection text message samples provide a non-invasive means of communication.
- Save time. You can save a lot of time with SMS debt collection. Take full advantage of automated messaging software, text templates, and personalization features.
- Create a sense of urgency. Text reminders create a sense of urgency. Always include due dates and other useful information to persuade customers to submit their payments on time.
If you’re having problems implementing these strategies or using any of outstanding payment reminder SMS templates above, feel free to contact us. We’d love to help!
55+ Text abbreviations for business and casual contexts
Text abbreviations and acronyms are necessary, both ...
7 Ways to easily grow your florist business with SMS marketing
Despite the fact that smartphone penetration in the ...
How artists can use text messaging to attract and retain clients
Whether you paint, sing or write, your art is your l...
7 Tested Ways to Use Texting for Your Small Business [Infographic]
Using digital tools for communication is now a stapl...
Welcome messages for frictionless customer onboarding
Setting the stage Shakespeare would have a herald wa...