Email Address Validation Tool
Check if email is valid instantly with the email address validator.
How to Use the Email Validation Tool
Are you active in the email marketing space? Do you want to verify email addresses? With the help of our free email validation tool, you can instantly verify the validity of an email. Here’s how you can use our tool to validate email addresses:
- Step #1: Copy and paste the email that you want to validate in to the empty field. Try to avoid writing it down, as it’s easy to mistype emails and that would then result in errors.
- Step #2: Click on the “Validate Email” button to pull-out information about the email address. You can click on the “Reset” button to perform a new search.
- Step #3: The email validation tool will extract information about the email type (free or corporate), the local part, domain part, exchange and preference in the “Main Info” section. From the “Domain Info” section, you can also check information about the mail exchange (MX), IPv4 (A) and IPv6 (AAAA).
Why you should use the email validation tool
The email address validation tool will help you organize and clean your contact list, thus maximizing the efficiency of your email marketing campaign. Email validation will also help you protect your email sender score.
A recent study conducted by ReturnPath shows that in 83% of cases, low email sender reputation is responsible for emails not reaching their intended recipient. If you want to protect your email score, you have to regularly check your database to ensure that all the addresses in it are still in good use.
If you’re an email list broker, customer care representative, lead generation expert, or email marketer you should definitely use this tool for your contact list to reduce bounce rate and workload during your next campaign.
Why we built this tool
We understand how frustrating and time-consuming it can be to send messages to invalid emails and that’s why we built the email verification tool to help you ascertain the validity of email addresses before you send your messages. Our free, accurate and incredibly fast tool checks the username and email address to see if the email actually exists.
Benefits of using the email validation tool
Below are the main benefits of using our email address validation tool.
- Check if an email address is valid. Our tool connects to the email server in order to confirm its validity.
- Save money and time that could otherwise be spent sending email blasts to unregistered users.
- Reduce bounce rate and increase sender score to power-up your email marketing campaign.
- Obtain more details about a desired email address, providing that it is still valid.
How does email validation work?
In order to check if an email is valid, our technology connects to mailboxes through “mailbox pinging”. For anyone who is familiar with computer networking, pinging represents an essential tool for diagnosing connection problems. Mailbox pinging works in a similar way to network pinging, in that it uses a “beginning machine” and an “end machine” (the email server). But this is where the similarities stop.
Here are the steps taken in email validation:
- Obtain details from the mail server using a service called DNS.
- Manually connect to the email server.
- Converse with the mail server using a sequence of commands.
- From the recorded protocol of commands, work out if the email address is valid or not.
What is the difference between IPv4 and IPv6?
IPv4, or Internet Protocol Version 4, represents the fourth revision of IP. It is used to identify the devices of a network through an addressing system. IPv6, often referred to as the “next generation” Internet standard, is the successor of IPv4. IPv6 represents an evolution of the IP, but it will coexist with IPv4 in the future.
IPv4 uses 32-bit numeric addresses (example: 1.700.20.342). Each number of the address, written in decimal as four numbers separated by periods, can be anything from zero to 255.
IPv6 uses 128-bit numeric addresses that are written in hexadecimal and separated by colons (example: 3ffe:1223:4593:3:299:f8ff:fe93:68ef)
Will the owner of the email be notified if I perform an email validation?
No. Mail pinging only notifies the server. The owner of the email address will receive no message or notification regarding the email validation process and will not be aware a validation has been carried out.