Texts adverts and promotions represent an excellent method to announce sales and bring customers to your physical store.
But, can text messaging benefit online retailers and help them drive more traffic to their site?
As mobile technology continues to develop, people are becoming increasingly reliant on their cell-phones. According to OuterBoxDesign, 62% of smartphone users have made a purchase online in the last 6 months.
That number will probably continue to grow, which means ecommerce businesses should start using all available channels to successfully sell online.
The average cell phone user will check their phone approximately 150 times a day. That’s 150 chances that you are missing every day by not using text messaging for your ecommerce store. If you want to connect with customers on a more personal level, reduce costs, and increase ROI, add text messaging to your marketing strategy.
Keep reading to learn how to use SMS services for ecommerce!
How can eCommerce sites use text messaging software?
Text messages may be short but they are certainly powerful. Reaching out to mobile users via SMS can create a seamless experience for the userwhich will translate into more conversions. Below are 5 ways to use text messaging for your eCommerce business:
- Help clients check order status.Use Ecommerce SMS notifications for delivery, shipping, or order confirmation to reduce the number of calls to customer service and improve the relationship with your clients.
- Follow-up with undecided customers. A friendly SMS follow-up may encourage them to complete the purchase. Shopify revealed that 67.45% of online shopping carts are abandoned. Many prospects say that they would complete a purchase if the store sent a follow-up.
- Offer various perks to your customers. Send text messages with discount codes, vouchers, exclusive pricing, and limited deals. Don’t forget to use custom fields to personalize your messages and increase response rates.
- Inform customers of new inventory. Most retailers send email notifications when new inventory comes in. You can send a text message when an item is back in stock to encourage flash sales.
- Send SMS reminders for payments and deliveries. Use TextMagic to send useful text alerts to clients. With our SMS software, you can remind customers to complete payments or let them know when an item is ready for shipment or pick-up.
Key benefits of ecommerce texting
When you’re sending texts to customers, you are delivering a powerful message straight to the client’s pocket. If you want fast results, opt for text messaging. Here are the key benefits of using text messages for your ecommerce business:
- Create a database of customers. Retail SMS marketing strategies make it easy to capture and engage new customers. Use keywords, long-codes, incentives, and exclusive deals to encourage opt-ins. Make sure you add SMS subscribe forms on your site to capture more leads.
- Instant updates. Waiting for a delivery to come can be very exciting. As a business owner, you can heighten this experience by sending text alerts with delivery information – customers will appreciate it.
- Cut down costs. Reduce work hours and slash queue times at call centers by offering help for common issues via text. Text messages are also cheaper than printed adverts or digital marketing solutions.
- Reduce cart abandonment rates. One of the biggest problems of eCommerce owners is the high cart abandonment rate. Send friendly text reminders and follow-ups to undecided customers.
- Boost sales. Most U.S. buyers can’t say no when coming across a great deal. As a matter of fact, 95% of all purchasing decisions are made subconsciously. Sending discounts and offers via the TextMagic mass texting feature will significantly boost your sales.