Texting Speed Challenge
Take the texting speed challenge to evaluate your average texting speed.
How to Use the Texting Speed Challenge Tool
Can you type as fluently as you speak? Take our speed test challenge to find out! Here’s how you can do it:
- Step #1: Choose one of the templates to begin the speed typing test.
- Step #2: Once you start writing, the typing test will begin to evaluate your speed and number of words per minute. Remember, it’s important to not only write fast, but also to write accurately.
- Step #3: Once you finish the test, the typing tool will display your results. You can view the number of keywords and the number of words per minute. You can also see how many words you misspelled and can compare your performance to that of other users.
You can also take the speed typing test from a mobile device. You can even share the test with your friends on Facebook or Twitter!
Why you should use the text speed challenge
very tech savvy individual should have the ability to type quickly and accurately. Even if you can automate or schedule emails and text messages, you will still have to customize the initial batch to maximize results. You can use the typing test to hone your skills, improve your typing speed and, ultimately, to increase productivity. The speed typing test is also fun because you can brag about it to your friends.
Why we built this tool
Typing speed is a vital skill in this hyper-connected world. If you want to communicate with customers in real time, you have to be quick about it. Even if you aren’t the fastest typist now, you can easily improve! We created the typing text speed challenge to help you improve your typing speed and accuracy.
Benefits of using the text speed challenge
The typing test may only look like an innocent game, but there are attainable benefits that can result from constant practice with it. You can significantly improve your number of words per minutes and your accuracy until your fingers are capable of keeping pace with your thoughts. Here are the main advantages of taking the typing test:
- Find out how fast you can type and compare your results with other participants.
- Send emails or text messages faster by constantly improving your typing speed.
- Increase productivity by no longer interrupting your typing and document preparation to scan the keyboard for the location of your keys.
- Turn your full attention to the source text while composing a document and focus 100% on the task at hand.
What is the average typing speed?
The average typing speed of a normal person is between 38 and 40 words per minute (this means around 190-200 characters per minute). Nevertheless, professional typists, or professionals who spend a lot of their time writing texts on desktop devices, have a typing speed of 65 to 75 words per minute.
What is WPM?
WPM represents the abbreviation for Words Per Minute. Interestingly enough, WPM doesn’t literally refer to whole words, but rather word unites. In order to evaluate average texting speed correctly, the WPM measurement is used. One word-unit is the equivalent of five keystrokes (e.g. “salsa” represents one word unit, but “message” represents two word units). Spaces also count when calculating WPM.
What is CPM?
CPM stands for the number of Characters Per Minute. The CPM metric is used to determine how many keystrokes a typist makes during a set interval. This metric is used to correctly evaluate typing speed. If we judged only by the number of words, a person who types many short and easy-to-spell words would naturally perform better than one who writes long and difficult words, so CPM can be a fairer measure.